Being your own biggest cheerleader is tough. In order to make great changes in your life you have to stay motivated even when it seems no one is watching or supporting you. Becoming motivated to lose weight is more difficult than most people know. I have picked up some of the best tips and tricks along the way that have helped me a ton. I hope these tips and tricks can help you too ! Keep Pushing !!
- TAKE PICTURES-I have not always loved taking pictures. However I have loved looking back at my pictures when I feel like I haven’t made any progress. Pictures can be a visual reminder of just how far you have come.
- GO WINDOW SHOPPING-Who doesn’t love shopping? Window shopping is even better. I like to go stores and try on clothes to see what size I am wearing at the moment. I don’t actually want to buy anything (because I’m still losing) but it can be a huge motivator to go into a store and find that you are a size or two down. Sometime inches lost don’t reflect on the scale !
- GET A WORKOUT BUDDY-If you aren’t used to working out it can be hard to get motivated to go to the gym. All those mirrors and people can be intimidating. So get a workout buddy ! Find someone who is on the same journey you are and make a pact to keep each other motivated and in the gym!
- HAVE FUN-Find a workout/exercise program that you can really have fun with. If you love to dance try something like Zumba or Turbo kick. It is easy to stay motivated when you are bustin’ a move and burning calories at the same time. Before you know it the pounds will be melting away!
- GET YOUR FAMILY INVOLVED-If you are the only one in your household who has changed their lifestyle for the better now would be the perfect time to get your family involved. Nothing is harder than trying to be healthy and watching others around you chow down on junk food. Be honest with your loved ones and let them know you need their support more now than ever. Let them know you want to be a healthy family together.
- VISUALIZE THE NEW YOU-Think of all the things that are going to change by living a healthier life. The improvement to your health, the energy, the ego boost of accomplishing something very difficult. Let yourself day dream about how hot your body is going to be when you weight loss journey is complete. There is no shame in wanting to look good. Embrace all those hopes and push the fears of not succeeding to the side.
- TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY-Don’t let a bad day defeat you. If you had a cheat meal or missed the gym jump back on tomorrow. The only difference between the ones who succeed and the ones who don’t are the ones who never quit.
- BE A ROLE MODEL-If you are a parent, aunt, uncle , mentor to someone think about how motivating it could be to that person to see you reaching for your dreams. This journey should definitely be about you, but remember someone is always watching. Being that motivator for someone else especially a child can keep you motivated as well.